One aspect of our business that we believe sets us apart from our competition is our focus on agribusiness. Our company president, Dave Shealy, grew up on a modest farm in Northeast Crawford County Ohio helping his father raise cattle and hogs in addition to farming approximately 400 acres. In the last 30+ years Dave has enjoyed working with many successful farmers and agriculture professionals in the expansion of their businesses as well as transition of the same.
With our personal experience supporting our initiative, we work closely with farm owners to ensure that their interests are being protected and their assets utilized. Our clients in the agriculture industry have entrusted us with their business and in return we offer traditional accounting and tax services along with the following specialized services:
- Financial planning with a special concentration on increasing land prices
- Improving cash flow and cash flow projections
- Refinancing debt
- Preparing financial information to apply for a loan
- Estate planning and/or succession planning
- Ensuring proper entity structure to protect assets and segregate holdings
Are you unsure whether or not you need a consultant for your agribusiness needs? Answering these questions may help you decide!
- Are you confident in the accuracy of your revenue and expense reporting?
- Do you understand your balance sheet?
- Do you understand your cash flow statement?
- Do you have an equipment management plan?
- Do you know the average farmland rental rate in your area?
- Are you able to answer your lender’s questions when it is time to renew your operating line?
- Are all your internal processes documented?
- Do you have a current succession plan?
- Have you received correspondence from a tax authority in the last 12 months?
If you’re unsure how to answer any of these questions or if you feel that your current business practices or operations are in need of an upgrade, let us help you! Contact us today to speak with a trusted advisor or to schedule a free consultation.